VPL Connect is a program that offers our more vulnerable police legatees frequent telephone contact from a VPL Connect volunteer and is in addition to the welfare work undertaken by our Field Officers. VPL Connect volunteers are compassionate, patient, and cheerful people who take a great interest in our police legatees through meaningful conversations.
Some people living alone (including people on home care packages or living in residential aged care) feel alone for various reasons, including:
- little contact with friends or relatives
- few social connections outside of the home
- mobility issues that prevent them from taking part in social or leisure activities
- being different in some way
The VPL Connect program aims to:
- provide friendship and companionship to vulnerable people
- help develop social connections
- help identify any additional needs that can be brought to the attention of a field officer
With isolation and loneliness on the increase, these frequent telephone contacts can improve quality of life and help older people feel less isolated. These contacts also help to remind our police legatees that they are important and that we care.
If you would like to learn more about VPL Connect please contact Paul McBride email@example.com